ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Hello and thanks

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Hello and thanks
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 02:50:30 +0200

> I've just started to use ranger and can already see that I'm going to
> get on with it very well. It's a great app. I have never really got on
> with mc at all, for all its popularity, and find ranger just so much
> more natural to move around - but I guess most of us vim users feel
> the same way :)
>
> I've just submitted a SlackBuild for ranger to slackbuilds.org and will
> become the slackbuild maintainer for it. It's not available yet (still
> in pending) but any slackware users here that want a slackbuild of a
> git snapshot:
>
> http://www.dawoodfall.net/slackbuilds/13.0/ranger/

Ah, thanks man.  How did you find out about ranger, if I may ask?  It's
the First time I hear of someone using it outside of the Arch Linux
community.

> (I hope it's ok for me to host a git snapshot source archive on my
> personal site for this?)

Of course.  It would be good to know when or how often you're going to
make snapshots.  Ranger has no real release cycle and each snapshot is
more or less experimental...  I could ensure that you get the less
experimental ones.  Hmm, or just use the "stable" branch.