qvm86-devel

Re: [qvm86-devel] documentation available on qvm86

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [qvm86-devel] documentation available on qvm86
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:27:56 -0500

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 09:14:01PM -0800, vicky kansal wrote:

> >  address@hidden misc]# pwd
> >  /lib/modules/2.6.10-1.741_FC3/misc
> >  address@hidden misc]# ls
> >  qvm86.ko
> >  address@hidden misc]# insmod  qvm86.ko
> >  insmod: error inserting 'qvm86.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
> >  address@hidden misc]#

I need more information.

Were there any warnings or errors when qvm86.ko was built?

Did you use the same compiler (version of gcc) for both your kernel and for
qvm86?

Are you sure that your kernel sources match the kernel that you are running?

> I had put the Qvm86 code in the qemu folder and followed teh comling
> procedure and executed the makefile... after adding the relevant pathes as
> mentioned in teh readme file.
>
> I need some help..!!!

Why?

qemu works fine without qvm86.... qvm86 is purely optional.