quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] -SPECPARTS directory and ed(1)

From: Matěj Cepl
Subject: [Quilt-dev] -SPECPARTS directory and ed(1)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:07:38 +0100

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. is it possible somehow to revert quilt to the previous state,
   where it doesn't create *-SPECPARTS directory? What does this
   directory bring to me?
2.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/openSUSE:Factory/quilt?linkrev=base&rev=72
   says that it added dependency on ed(1), because it is needed
   by annotate function. However, as much I am looking at
   https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/quilt.git/tree/quilt/annotate.in
   I don't see ed used anywhere. Even with grep I cannot find anything:

    $ grep -i -r -w --exclude-dir=.git ed .
   grep: ./doc/quilt.pdf: binary file matches
   ./quilt/annotate.in:# Then, for each patch that modifies the source file, an
ed-style diff
    $

Thank you,

Matěj

--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mcepl@floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
    -- R. P. Feynman’s concluding sentence
       in his appendix to the Challenger Report