qpimd-users

Re: [qpimd-users] PIM-SM

From: Everton Marques
Subject: Re: [qpimd-users] PIM-SM
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:01:56 -0200

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Jaime Nebrera
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  Are you aware of any alternative? pimd and mroute seem not maintained
> any more and we would like to find an alternative to Xorp :)

I am aware of MRD6, though I guess it only supports IPv6.

Perhaps you may be able to use "SSM mapping" to support end-systems
with IGMPv1 and IGMPv2. Of course this would depend on what you are
trying to achieve. Have a look on this doc about SSM mapping:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t2/feature/guide/gtssmma.html#wp1140600

Cheers,
Everton