qexo-general

[Qexo-general] Re: Quexo question

From: Stan Pinte
Subject: [Qexo-general] Re: Quexo question
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:28:05 +0100

sorry for the list stuff, I just subscribed for the Qexo list.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. The <result> element constructor does *not* change the "focus" of a path expression, so the value would probably not be "a". Instead, it would use whatever the focus is in the outside context. The initial (outer-most) context is is defined by the implementation - and in Qexo it is unset. (I'm working on a mechanism to set the outer-most context.)

--> I am trying to use Xquery, to be able to compute some values in an XML document, using values defined in this documents. In this very example, I am trying to print out the value of an attribute of a tag specified above...I would like for example to perform numerical operations on them.