qemu-stable

[Qemu-stable] CPU freq (or CAP) being ignored by qemu

From: Paul Roland
Subject: [Qemu-stable] CPU freq (or CAP) being ignored by qemu
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 17:09:20 +0100

Hello, one question if anyone has the time to advise please.

I have a buch of old fashioned 2.8 GHz servers that I need to power cap to 2GHz.
Using that with proper modules and cpupower and userspace governor
works very well, savings a few trees I guess.

Now, qemu completely ignores my settings. It will register the highest
freq possible, regardless. Guest are able to use max freq

Small example:

Host:

cpu MHz : 2261.000

Guest: