qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] Configure error with --enable-docs

From: Binarus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] Configure error with --enable-docs
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 19:30:20 +0200

On 03.05.2013 11:52, Dunrong Huang wrote:

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Binarus <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I am trying to compile and install qemu 1.4.1 with the according man pages.
Obviously, when compiling / installing from source, the default is to not build
and install the man pages. Thus, I first tried to get an idea of the available
configure options by doing

    ./configure --help

    which had the following line in its output:

       --enable-docs            enable documentation build

    I was hoping that this option would be responsible for building /
installing the man pages, so I tried

    ./configure --enable-docs

    Unfortunately, this gave an error message:

    ERROR
    ERROR: User requested feature docs
    ERROR: configure was not able to find it
    ERROR

Have you installed texinfo in your system? It's needed when building with
--enable-docs

    Could somebody tell me how to resolve that error, or what else I could do
to get the man pages installed? I know that (after compiling / installing) I
can do qemu --help, but it doesn't help me much to see what command line
options are available; I need explanations about the meaning of each option.

    By the way, the man pages for the version I have used until now (I think it
was 0.13) were absolutely brilliant - a big thanks to the developers!

    Thanks for any help,

    Binarus

--
Best Regards,

Dunrong Huang

Dunrong,

thank you very much for your help. I is working now.

Regards,

Binarus