qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] QEMU 1.2 stable queue requests

From: mdroth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] QEMU 1.2 stable queue requests
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:31:36 -0600

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 02:10:11PM -0600, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> The following are commits I'm requesting for inclusion into the 1.2
> stable branch. These would for a release (if any) after 1.2.2. These

1.2.2 was actually the last planned release for 1.2, and I'm currently
working on the 1.3.1 release. But if you're interested in doing extended
maintainence for the 1.2 series you could set up an external tree as others
have done in the past. I could talk to Anthony about getting it mirrored
on qemu.org as well, but the release process still requires a good
amount of review/testing from each of us that doesn't scale well for too
many long-term releases. I seem to recall talk of a ~yearly LTS release
that distros can better target bug fixes for but I think that's
something that would need to be determined prior to the development
cycle rather than after.