Re: [Qemu-ppc] pseudo-op for ".long"

From: Brandon Williams
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] pseudo-op for ".long"
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:45:38 -0400

Thanks for your reply.  Here is the command that I'm using:

sudo qemu-system-ppc -m 1024 -cpu G2leGP3 -bios ~/Bstrap.bin

So this is ppc softmmu.  The specific binary that I'm trying to run is a Flight Management System trainer that would normally run on this:
http://www.universalavionics.com/products/uns1fw.aspx

but I'm obviously trying to emulate it with Qemu.  I load a Bstrap.bin into 0xFFF00000 and the FMS.bin into 0x0100000.  It seems to get through the Bstrap fine but it crashes on that invalid opcode with .long instruction on the first line of the FMS.bin at 0x0100000.

I've opened the FMS.bin in IDA to look around.  It looks like the .long instruction appears in there, too.  Is it possible that IDA doesn't know how to translate that instruction as well?