Re: [Qemu-ppc] pseudo-op for ".long"

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] pseudo-op for ".long"
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 22:35:44 +0200

Hi Brandon,

On 27.06.14 21:11, Brandon Williams wrote:
Is there currently support for the psuedo-op ".long"? I'm trying to run a bin that attempts this op and Qemu crashes because of an invalid/unsupported opcode.

".long" in disassembly usually just denotes an instruction that couldn't be translated, so it gives you the raw opcode number.

What exactly are you trying to do? My first guess would be that you're trying to run a binary for a specific PPC platform, such as e500v2 with SPE support.

What platform would your binary run on usually? Which target are we talking about? Linux-user or softmmu (system emulation)?

Alex