Re: [Qemu-ppc] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:53:04 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
the right direction as to roughly what the bootloader was doing. I suggest that you'll need to ask in the forums/mailing lists/IRC to see if someone is willing to help you at all.

May try that in the future, so far I could get away with looking at disassembled output.

FWIW there is a known issue with PPC's next-property iterator being implemented differently to the standard (see Olivier's tentative patch at http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2014-February/008141.html). It's likely that a broken device tree iteration could be the cause of the MorphOS bootloader not being able to locate a suitable console mode which could be related to your issue.

I think I did not hit this one yet at least the console problem is surely not caused by this but by MorphOS only supporting some specific Radeon GPUs that are found in the PPC Macs it is supporting. It is looking for them by their vendor-id:device-id and fails if not found, but tries to continue anyway.

Also on SPARC there were problems with the hardware flow control causing serial console output from the Solaris kernel to freeze; the eventual solution was to add properties to the serial port node which tell the kernel to ignore the hardware flow control lines.

Good to know,but I think I did not see this yet either.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan