Re: [Qemu-ppc] ERROR: glib-2.12 required to compile QEMU

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] ERROR: glib-2.12 required to compile QEMU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:35:56 +1100

Nitin Srivastava wrote:

> I downloaded the latest QEMU source for my centos 6.5 machine, but cannot
> build it.
>
> ERROR: glib-2.12 required to compile QEMU. How do I get this specific glib
> version. Doing yum install installs "glib-1.2.10-33.el6.rf.x86_64".

It seems that Centos 6.5 (which is the current version) ships a very,
very old version of that library. For instance, On Debian Testing I
have glib version 2.36!

My only suggestion is to make sure you have done whatever is required
to make yum update its database of available packages and that you have
enabled backports if such a thing exists in Centos.

HTH,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/