Re: [Qemu-ppc] Best BIOS for AIX troubleshooting / Going forward

From: Jacques Mony
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Best BIOS for AIX troubleshooting / Going forward
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:52:48 +0000

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: folkert [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: 13 août 2013 13:35
To: Jacques Mony
Cc: address@hidden

Hi,

For that it is worth I'll post my notes here. Maybe they're usefull in any way:

#! /bin/sh

# libfdt is required

# From: Alexander Graf
# There are 2 branches. One is my ppc-next queue, with patches that are soon to
be applied to master:
#   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/agraf.git ppc-next
# and the other one is an experimental AIX dump ground:
#   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/agraf.git aix
# where I try to gather all the hacks people have been doing to get AIX that
tiny bit further. It's nowhere close to actually working though.

# $ git clone git://repo.or.cz/qemu/agraf.git # # $ git checkout
origin/ppc-next # - or - # $ git checkout origin/aix

echo open firmware:
echo setenv load-base 16384
echo boot cdrom:\ppc\chrp\bootfile.exe  -s verbose

~folkert/qaix/bin/qemu-system-ppc64 -machine type=pseries -cpu POWER7_v2.3 -smp
2 -m 4096 -mem-path /home/folkert/qip.bin -net tap -rtc base=localtime -cdrom
/home/folkert/ISOs/AIX_7.1_Base_Operating_System_TL_7100-00-01_DVD_1_of_2_102010.iso
 -boot d -nographic

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 05:04:40PM +0000, Jacques Mony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started looking at AIX guest missing pieces in Qemu, and I have a
> (newbie) feeling that portions of the improvements should probably go in the
> BIOS rather than the emulation itself.
>
> Is it better to use SLOF (which if I understand correctly is maintained by
> IBM for Linux and teaching) or OpenBIOS (which seems to be somewhat a bit
> more active and open) ?
>
> Thanks,
> Jacques Mony

Folkert van Heusden

--
Winnen in de staatsloterij? Check htp://vanheusden.com/sl.php voor alle
staatsloterij-uitslag statistieken denkbaar en zelfs ook een paar win-tips!