[Qemu-ppc] SMP support

From: Julio Guerra
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] SMP support
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:57:48 +0200

I am testing Qemu's SMP support with a very simple program where every
cores execute an infinite loop incrementing a register. The goal is to
stop qemu and compare the register values on each core to evaluate the
simulation of SMP.

> qemu-system-ppc -M mpc8544ds -cpu e500mc -smp 4 -icount 4 -kernel test.elf

Here is a (lightened) log result for two cores from the above test :

> IN:
> 0x2f4:  addi    r1,r1,1
> 0x2f8:  addi    r1,r1,1
> 0x2fc:  ba       0x2f4
>
> TB 236 1014064768345
> GPR01 4d4a5d4
> PIR 1
> NIP 2f4
>
> TB 236 1014064768345
> GPR01 26bfd92
> PIR 2
> NIP 2f4

Having the same time base value, I was expecting to obtain the same R1 values.
Am I missing some options? I would like to be sure before starting
modifying qemu.

--
Julio Guerra