commandline option to avoid using builtin keyboard and trackpad

From: Ralph Ronnquist
Subject: commandline option to avoid using builtin keyboard and trackpad
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 13:00:08 +1000

Hi,

I want to run a qemu-system-x86_64 (on Devuan) that does not use the
builtin keyboard and trackpad of the laptop, but only gets the USB
keyboard and USB mouse by means of USB host pass-through. I think I
know the USB pass-through options, but I don't know how to "turn off"
using the builtin keyboard and trackpad.

Ideally there is some commanline argument(s) for that, or maybe I will
need to run the process in a mount namespace that is without
/dev/input?

Appricate all pointers about this

regards,

Ralph.