[Qemu-discuss] Host to guest memory sharing

From: Roman Kiryanov
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Host to guest memory sharing
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 15:41:12 -0800

Hi,

for our purposes we need to access host's memory (Vulkan buffers)
directly from a linux guest (Android), I have not found existing tools
for this and implemented our own solution (a PCI device and a linux
driver):

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/goldfish/+/android-goldfish-4.14-dev/drivers/misc/goldfish_address_space.c

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/qemu/+/emu-master-dev/hw/pci/goldfish_address_space.c

while this works, I was asked to double check if QEMU does not have an
existing solution for this before upstreaming to kernel.org. Could you
please advise?

Thank you.

Regards,
Roman.