[Qemu-discuss] unstable qemu under Ubuntu (on Windows)

From: Fabrizio Caruso
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] unstable qemu under Ubuntu (on Windows)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 18:07:39 +0000

Hi everyone!

I have developing a huge project
https://github.com/Fabrizio-Caruso/CROSS-CHASE

for which I need Windows.

I am building linux ppc/68k/386 ELF binaries and I would like to run them
wihout having to put them into virtualized disks. Can I do it?
It seems I can under Ubuntu (on Windows 10) but I often get core dumps (not
always).
My qemu version is
"
qemu-ppc version 2.11.1(Debian 1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.4)
Copyright (c) 2003-2017 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers
"

On some binaries qemu works on other it crashes badly:

address@hidden:/mnt/c/Retro/CROSS-CHASE$ qemu-i386 build/FULL_linux386.exe
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

address@hidden:/mnt/c/Retro/CROSS-CHASE$ qemu-ppc build/FULL_linuxppc.exe
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

address@hidden:/mnt/c/Retro/CROSS-CHASE$ qemu-m68k build/FULL_linux68k.exe
qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

What am I doing wrong?

I cannot find a Windows qemu version. I only find qemu-system, which is not
what I want.

   Fabrizio