[Qemu-discuss] ppc and icount

From: Steven Seeger
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] ppc and icount
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 14:07:43 -0500

I am working with a custom model powerpc board (750-based) and I am having an
issue with icount.

First, upon the first execution of the rfi instruction, I get:

qemu: fatal: Raised interrupt while not in I/O function
NIP 00030354   LR 00000000 CTR 00000000 XER 00000000 CPU#0
MSR 00001000 HID0 0000c484  HF 00000000 iidx 3 didx 3
Bad icount read

However, the interrupt controller is one I created and there is certainly no
assertion of the CPU's external interrupt line.

For reference, NIP is the first instruction in vxTaskEntry().

If I comment out the line of code that calls cpu_abort() in this case,
everything works, but it runs very slowly under high interrupt load. (Once the
boot-up serial console messages fly by, the system runs at a reasonable
speed.)

If anyone has any experience with these two issues I'd appreciate your
knowledge.

Steven