[Qemu-discuss] Triggering an PowerPC Interrupt

From: Wu, Michael Y [US] (MS)
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Triggering an PowerPC Interrupt
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 17:59:53 +0000

Hi everyone,

I've been working on an interrupt controller for powerpc-based bare metal code
program. I have been unable to successfully set off an external interrupt. In
my interrupt controller, the function qemu_irq_raise() is called to set off the
interrupt. When my bare metal program sets off the interrupt, I confirmed
qemu_irq_raise() is called. The internal qemu handlers ppc6xx_set_irq() and
ppc_set_irq() are called as well after qemu_rq_raise().  The code however does
not jump to the desired interrupt address (0xfff00500) but rather continues on
executing as if the interrupt has never occurred.

I was wondering if I am missing any important concepts with getting an external
interrupt to occur. My bare metal program updates the MSR to enable external
interrupts before an interrupt occurs. I also confirmed that the MSR is set
correctly by viewing the register contents through GDB. I think there is an
issue with the interrupt controller I developed that I might have missed.

Any pointers or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks!