Re: [Qemu-discuss] Coldfire 5282 Support

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Coldfire 5282 Support
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 11:28:56 +0200

On 26.09.2017 23:12, William Mahoney wrote:
> Thanks Peter!
>
> Couple of new things now that I had an afternoon to look again. I have
> discovered that the eval board I can get my hands on is a 5272 and not a
> 5282, and although the eval board for a 5208 comes with a kernel the 5282
> does not. It only has the ROM debugger. Which makes me want to jump directly
> to what I really want to do anyway, which is to run the FLASH out of an Allen
> Bradley PLC that has a 5282 in it. Ultimately I want to monitor what the code
> in the PLC does when you hit it with (for example) HTTP requests. So...
>
> 1) First, on the ColdFire 5208 with time uClinux kernel I can’t seem to get
> the networking to go. I figured I should make sure that works on the 5208
> before I try to get it to work on the PLC code. I’m trying to use “user”
> networking but no combination of -net user,id= … seems to work at all even
> with restrict=off. Can someone aim me at a known-to-work process for this? I
> sure can’t get any netcat between the guest and a netcat running on Linux. I
> don’t need traffic to leave the VM at all, just be able to let me get to
> ports in the guest from an additional xterm or local browser.

If you use the "user" networking, you've got to use "hostfwd" to forward
ports from the host to the guest, e.g.:

qemu-system-m68k -nographic -kernel vmlinux-2.6.21-uc0 -net nic \
                 -net user,hostfwd=tcp::8080-:8080

Then at the m68k shell, you should be able to do:

 nc -l -p 8080

And in the host:

 nc localhost 8080

If you now type something in the terminal, you should be able to see it
at the other side, too.

 Thomas