Re: [Qemu-discuss] How do I mount a virtfs directory so that it be D: on

From: Aleksei
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How do I mount a virtfs directory so that it be D: on guest ?
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 15:30:58 +0300

VirtFS speaks 9p protocol. AFAIK no Windows drivers exist to support it, so you won't be able to see files on the guest side.

On 01/09/17 15:21, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Pierre Couderc writes:

onn a linux system, I know how to mount a directory such as :

 -virtfs local,path=path/to,security_model=passthrough,id=host0,mount_tag=host0

But how should do for it to be ssen as D: from a W guest ?

Sorry, cetainly basic, but I hwave not found on google...

Windows itself assigns drive letters to disk volumes that it sees. This would be an MS-Windows issue. In the XP days, you could monkey around with drive assignments within Windows itself. These settings may still exists, buried deep somewhere inside Windows 10, but it's better to let the beast use whatever drive letters in wants to use.

--
/--Regards, Aleksei/