[Qemu-discuss] QEMU KVM Support for Microsoft Virtualization Based Secur

From: Jon Kohler
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU KVM Support for Microsoft Virtualization Based Security, Device Guard, Credential Guard?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 16:10:01 +0000

Hey all,
Doing some initial investigation into QEMU support for Microsoft’s
virtualization based security initiatives.

From what I could find, this appears to be largely hyper-V only for the longest
time. VMware just announced support for Workstation this past week, and I’m
guessing that means vSphere / ESXi support is not far off either.

Has anyone been digging into this yet? The googles have failed me WRT QEMU/KVM
support for this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/device-security/device-guard/deploy-device-guard-enable-virtualization-based-security
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ash/2016/03/02/windows-10-device-guard-and-credential-guard-demystified/

Thanks all,