[Qemu-discuss] Networking with Ubuntu 17.04

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Networking with Ubuntu 17.04
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:53:19 +0200

I'm using Qemu 2.0.0
has anybody experienced networking problems with Ubuntu zesty guest?

All Ubuntu versions until 16.10 work well for me, but not Ubuntu 17.04
(both using and not using NetworkManager at guest).
I've tried both user mode for NIC interface and TAP to a bridge (single
NIC). Same result either with rtl8139 and virtio driver:

DHCP configures perfectly (IP, gateway, DNS assigned) both in
Qemu-embedded-usermode and external (when bridged to physical network).
But no communication at all (ICMP, DNS, ping, http).