Re: [Qemu-discuss] 答复: signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction for "mtc0 zer

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] 答复: signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction for "mtc0 zero, c0_cause"
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:57:37 +0100

On 18 April 2017 at 02:34, Zhangwen (Esan) <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yeah, I am running a single binary under qemu's user emulation and the binary
> is compiled with mips-sde-gcc.
> The command line is as follows:
> ###:~/qemu/$ qemu-mips -cpu 34Kf ./test
> I understand your meanings but how to running it? Using qemu-system-mips or
> Adding MIPS kernel or some binary? For example:
> - qemu-system-mips -kernel xxxx ...

Well, either:
   (a) you're building your binary wrong -- if you just build
a Linux binary for MIPS it ought to work under qemu-mips
or (b) you really do want to build a "bare metal" binary --
this is more complicated and you need to make sure it's
built correctly for the board you're using with
qemu-system-mips and so on, and you need to find out how
to run a bare metal binary with that board (which is
probably -kernel but could be something else: I'm not
a MIPS expert).

thanks