Re: [Qemu-discuss] 答复: 答复: signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction for "mtc0

From: G 3
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] 答复: 答复: signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction for "mtc0 zero, c0_cause"
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 22:02:47 -0400

On Apr 16, 2017, at 9:56 PM, Zhangwen (Esan) wrote:

On Apr 16, 2017, at 9:48 PM, Zhangwen (Esan) wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 07:31:49 +0000
From: "Zhangwen (Esan)" <address@hidden>
To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction for "mtc0
        zero, c0_cause"

Hi,
  When I run a binary with qemu-2.7.1, I found it report a error:
Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
  Then I gdb it, the scene is as follows:
(gdb) si

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
_start () at ../newlib-2.2.0/libgloss/mips/crt0.S:92
92              nop
(gdb) disass
Dump of assembler code for function _start:
=> 0x00000040 <+0>:     mtc0    zero,c0_cause
   0x00000044 <+4>:     nop

The binary is compiled with newlib-2.2.0, but it works with
glibc-2.20.
"mtc0" instruction can not be recognized by qemu-2.7.1 or any
others?
So I have no idea what happened and could anybody explain the
reason?

Which machine are you trying to emulate?

Both SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Any
suggestion?

Those are operating systems. I meant what QEMU are you using: qemu- system-ppc, qemu-system-i386, qemu-system-arm, . . .

Oh, sorry. I am trying to emulate with qemu-mips.

Neat. I don't hear from many mips users. The problem you are having could be with the emulation of the mips processor. The "-cpu ?" option will tell you which mips processors QEMU emulates. You could try the different options to see if that helps.