Re: [Qemu-discuss] PintOS on QEMU

From: Donald R Laster Jr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] PintOS on QEMU
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 21:17:58 -0400

Peter Maydell wrote on 10/01/2016 03:24 PM:
> On 1 October 2016 at 01:06, Amogh Mannekote <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm trying to run Pint OS on QEMU, and the qemu command gets executed from a
>> Perl file. At this point., it refuses to take ANY command line options
>> whatsoever by displaying the error:
>> qemu: unknown option '<option>'
>>
>> The list of options I'm trying to execute it with include hda/hdb/hdc/hdd,
>> m, net, nographic, serial, S, monitor. I don't think any of these should
>> matter, as it says 'unknown option' for pretty much everything.
>
> It would be easier to guess what's wrong if you told us
> (a) which version etc of qemu you're running
> (b) which qemu binary you're running (eg "qemu-system-i386")
> (c) a complete QEMU command line which fails...
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

Just a thought from reading the post.

Could perl be treating the commas as argument separators and passing options
such as:

-drive file=/vms/Network/DNS_Server_1/QEMU_064GB.qcow2,if=ide,index=0,media=disk

as:

-drive file=/vms/Network/DNS_Server_1/QEMU_064GB.qcow2 if=ide index=0 media=disk

  (commas removed)

to qemu, which I would expect to generate unknown option errors.  Maybe the
command
line, or command options, might need to be quoted in some fashion to insure qemu
receives the comma separated sub-options as a single string.

   Don