[Qemu-discuss] Fail to test EFI BIOS

From: Yan Phenix
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Fail to test EFI BIOS
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 08:58:09 +0000

Hi,

In order to test EFI BIOS + u-boot payload, I download the EFI
BIOS(efi-bios.tar.bz2)    from http://wiki.qemu.org/Testing

Here is what I'm trying:

address@hidden:/opt/qemu-test/efi-bios$ ls
bios.bin  efi.disk  README
address@hidden:/opt/qemu-test/efi-bios$ qemu-system-i386 -bios ./bios.bin -hda
./efi.disk
WARNING: Image format was not specified for './efi.disk' and probing guessed
raw.
         Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images, write
operations on block 0 will be restricted.
         Specify the 'raw' format explicitly to remove the restrictions.

At the same time, the graphic console shows nothing.

My OS is Ubuntu 16.04 and QEMU emulator version is 2.5.0.

 Can anyboad show me the mistake? And how can I use EFI BIOS to boot a u-boot
payload in qemu emulator?

Best Regards!
Phenix