[Qemu-discuss] Emulating A10

From: Jerry Stuckle
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Emulating A10
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 16:25:27 -0500

Hi, all,

I'm having trouble trying to emulate an Olimex A10-OlinuXino-Lime
(https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A10/A10-OLinuXino-LIME/open-source-hardware).
 To do so, I downloaded the Ubuntu trusty image (also tried Debian
jessie with the same results), unzipped it and used 'dd' to copy to a
qcow2 disk (attached with qemu-nbd).

This comes up with one partition; I mounted it and added links for
vmlinuz and initrd.img to their respective files in the /boot directory.
 I then tried to run it with:

#!/bin/sh
qemu-system-arm  \
                -M vexpress-a9 \
                -m 512M \
                -hda /export/armhost/armhf.qcow2 \
                -kernel /vmlinuz \
                -initrd /initrd.img \
                -append "root=/dev/sda1" \
                -no-reboot

(right now just trying to get it going).

The result is a blank window opens and CPU goes to 100%.

I've tried a lot of things - none with good results.  Does anyone have a
suggestion as to where I can go from here?

TIA.