Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU virtual machine within virtual machine

From: Rachel Attias (raattias)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU virtual machine within virtual machine
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 08:29:09 +0000

Hi Tony et all,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am new to QEMU & OpenWRT. I would really
appreciate if you can answer a couple of my questions to help me understand
what exactly I need.
First - I am not really concerned with performance at this point. I just want
an off-shore system in which I can create & test apps for my TP-Link router,
without ruining it.
Second - I did compile & load QEMU on my Kali linux machine, but I see that
QEMU is intended to work only with a pre-prepared images. I found online a
minimal testing Linux image, and it is working.
But this does not feel like what I expected from OpenWRT. I expected it to be a
framework in which I can create apps and so. Am I mis-understanding something
basic here?

Thanks,
Rachel