Re: [Qemu-discuss] Question regarding configuring PVSCSI with QEMU / KVM

From: Singhal, Upanshu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Question regarding configuring PVSCSI with QEMU / KVM
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 13:10:55 +0000

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your email and help, I really appreciate it. I tried with the method mentioned by you couple of times, but my vm installation gets hang always in the middle. I tried the following command:

qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -smp 2 -m 2048 -device pvscsi,id=scsi0 -drive file=/var/lib/libvirt/images/fedora20-2.qcow2,id=hd0,if=none -device scsi-disk,drive=hd0,bus=scsi0.0 -cdrom /root/Downloads/Fedora-20-x86_64-DVD.iso

I have couple of question, is qemu-system-x86_64 equivalent to qemu-kvm? Will I be able to manage the VMs created by this command using libvirt?

Please reply.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Upanshu Singhal

EMC Data Storage Systems, Bangalore, India.

Phone: 91-80-67375604