[Qemu-discuss] rt8139 qemu bridge rxdrop packets

From: Matt
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] rt8139 qemu bridge rxdrop packets
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 00:13:58 +0000

Hi,

I've got two servers set-up with stock kvm-qemu under Ubuntu 12.04.  The VMs are also Ubuntu 12.04.  I'm seeing dropped RX packets on the guest VMs, though the Host is not showing dropped packets on the bridged interface, of the vnet interface related to the guest.

I'm using virt-install to launch and set-up the Guests, the default rt8139 network device is being used.  I've tried specifying virtio and e1000, the VM starts and eth0 is configured (static IP/config) but there is no network connectivity.

Any help debugging would be great.

Matt