[Qemu-discuss] "cp: memory exhausted" occurs on PowerPC VM whith Qemu-1.

From: Zhou, Mingying
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] "cp: memory exhausted" occurs on PowerPC VM whith Qemu-1.4.0
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 06:57:03 +0000

Hi everyone,

"cp: memory exhausted" error occurs on my PowerPC vm.
Did anyone meet the same problem?
And who does know how to deal with it?

Host: pc server, x64
Host OS: centos6.3 i686
Qemu version: Qemu1.4.0
Guest : PowerPC
Guest OS: Linux 2.6.36.2
Qemu start memory option:-m 512

When I login the PowerPC vm , and cp/mv a file(1MB) for a lot of times.
Sometimes, the " cp: memory exhausted " message was printed to the stderr.

Ps. When I monitor the free memory size with the "free" command,
There is enough free memory.
Though I make the stack size to unlimited, the error also accurs.

But when I run the x86 guest(ie.Centos x86), the " cp: memory exhausted "
problem does not occur.

Yours,
Mingying Zhou