Re: [Qemu-discuss] Networking and vlan

From: Valerio Pachera
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Networking and vlan
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:30:01 +0200

> ... (vlan) they do not extend outside of the individual qemu processes

Ok, that's what I was trying to undestand.

In other words, if a guest has two nics and I do not specify any vlan,
each packet sent to a guest nic is received also from the other nic
because
> it also behaves like an ethernet hub

That also means it doesn't matter if I use vlan ot not, a guest will
always be able to ping the others on the same bridge and any host i
the lan.
To achive the my scope, I have to configure vlan on the guests.
The only bad side of that is: if I let other people to manage the
guest, they can chenge network configuration and get out of the vlan.
That's why I would have like something host side.