[Qemu-discuss] How to debug the first instruction at 0x0000:0x07C0 from

From: zhihua che
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to debug the first instruction at 0x0000:0x07C0 from the beginning
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 19:30:13 +0800

Hello everyone,

        I'm writing a tiny os kernel while studying linux kernel and I've finished a simple bootloader. But I didn't find a practical way to debug bootloader which is loaded ant executed at 0x0000:0x07C0. Furthermore, I doubt if I can trace the execution of the BIOS starting at 0xFFFFFFF0 right after powering on using this QEMU simulator.

Thanks.