qemu-devel

Re: Qemu for TC377

From: Bastian Koppelmann
Subject: Re: Qemu for TC377
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 12:17:58 +0200

Hi Sameer,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 02:26:10PM -0400, Sameer Kalliadan Poyil wrote:
> Hi Bastian,
>
> Thanks for the information. I thought that I can do some prototyping before
> the
> HW arrives. :)
>
>  Yes I am interested for your bare metal program boot_to_main run it on TSIM.
>
> Is Infineon TSIM free? I searched it and I didn't find any download link.
> Could
> you please give a link for that if it is from Infineon?

I usually get it from the free entry toolchain [1]

> s it(TSIM)  trace32 simulator ? https://repo.lauterbach.com/download_demo.html
> ?
>
> This page https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/TriCore shows SCU is
> under development.

I should change that on the wiki. I was experimenting with a QEMU model for the
SCU when I was still in University, but nothing usable resulted from that. Now
my time for such developments is unfortunately limited :(.

> Could you let me know who is developing it ? is  it possible to take an
> existing SCU and modify according to AURIX data sheet? I see that UART is
> possible to for Tricore like the one developed for ARM versatile platform
>
> Here is the link
> https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-10/msg04514.html

Sure, you can add a model of the Aurix UART in QEMU. It's "just" a matter of
putting in the time to implement its registers and functionality.

> I have aurix development trial version and able to compile a UART project
> using
> Tasking compiler and tried to run it on qemu, but I don't see any logs in the
> qemu terminal as you said there is no peripherals implemented
>
> qemu-system-tricore -machine KIT_AURIX_TC277_TRB -cpu tc27x -m 6M -nographic
> -kernel ASCLIN_Shell_UART_1_KIT_TC277_TFT.elf  -serial stdio -append "console=
> ttyAMA0 console=ttyS0"

I usually add '-d exec,cpu,nochain -D /tmp/exec.log -accel
tcg,one-insn-per-tb=on'
to get an execution trace to see if the binary is executing.

You can also try attaching gdb by adding '-s -S' to the CLI. And then run in
tricore-gdb 'target remote localhost:1234' see [2]

> Also do you know if there is a virtual UART framework to communicate between
> two Qemu instances or two TSIM instances running similar OS or different OS? I
> need to do prototype testing RPMSg communication between  MCU and SOC using
> external physical UART/SPI which can be tested using vritual UART using two
> qemu instances.

No, I don't know of something like this.

Cheers,
Bastian

[1] https://free-entry-toolchain.hightec-rt.com/
[2] https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/system/gdb.html