qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] is anybody experimenting with the idea of rust code in QEMU

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] is anybody experimenting with the idea of rust code in QEMU?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 15:39:40 +0100

Hi; I have on my todo list the idea of some experimentation/prototyping
of whether being able to write some components of QEMU in Rust would
be (a) feasible (b) beneficial (c) fun to play around with even if
it is likely that it doesn't go anywhere :-)

I know Paolo has had a look at how you might write some makefiles
to integrate rust into a C program (https://github.com/bonzini/rust-and-c/).
Has anybody else been doing anything in this general area ?

(I went to two good talks locally recently about rust-vmm and Amazon's
'firecracker' VMM by Andreea Florescu and Diana Popa -- I
definitely plan to look at rust-vmm as part of this.)

thanks
-- PMM