qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on OpenBSD is broken?

From: Brad Smith
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on OpenBSD is broken?
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 00:27:49 -0400

I just noticed when I had replied that my e-mail was sent from a different
name, by accident, as I was testing something with my e-mail client.

On 5/18/2019 5:27 PM, Jim Payne wrote:
On 5/16/2019 9:04 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:

On 10/05/2019 12.46, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
This patch series changes the way virtual machines for test builds are
managed.  They are created locally on the developer machine now.  The
installer is booted on the serial console and the scripts walks through
the dialogs to install and configure the guest.

That takes the download.patchew.org server out of the loop and makes it
alot easier to tweak the guest images (adding build dependencies for
example).

The install scripts take care to apply host proxy settings (from *_proxy
environment variables) to the guest, so any package downloads will be
routed through the proxy and can be cached that way.  This also makes
them work behind strict firewalls.

There are also a bunch of smaller tweaks for tests/vm to fix issues I
was struggling with.  See commit messages of individual patches for
details.

Gerd Hoffmann (13):
   scripts: use git archive in archive-source
   tests/vm: send proxy environment variables over ssh
   tests/vm: use ssh with pty unconditionally
   tests/vm: run test builds on snapshot
   tests/vm: proper guest shutdown
   tests/vm: add vm-boot-{ssh,serial}-<guest> targets
   tests/vm: add DEBUG=1 to help text
   tests/vm: serial console support helpers
   tests/vm: openbsd autoinstall, using serial console
   tests/vm: freebsd autoinstall, using serial console
   tests/vm: netbsd autoinstall, using serial console
   tests/vm: fedora autoinstall, using serial console
   tests/vm: ubuntu.i386: apt proxy setup
freebsd, netbsd and fedora targets work fine for me, so for the patches
1 - 8 and 10 - 12 :

Tested-by: Thomas Huth <address@hidden>

openbsd still fails for me:

   TEST    check-qtest-arm: tests/tmp105-test
   TEST    check-qtest-arm: tests/pca9552-test
   TEST    check-qtest-arm: tests/ds1338-test
   TEST    check-qtest-arm: tests/microbit-test
   TEST    check-qtest-arm: tests/m25p80-test
   TEST    check-qtest-arm: tests/test-arm-mptimer
   TEST    check-qtest-arm: tests/boot-serial-test
qemu-system-arm: cannot set up guest memory 'ram': Cannot allocate memory
Broken pipe

How much memory is trying to be allocated here?

The default maximum data size is set to 768MB. If there is a requirement to go beyond
that then the default has to be adjusted in /etc/login.conf.

datasize-max and datasize-cur

default:\
        :path=/usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin:\
        :umask=022:\
        :datasize-max=768M:\
        :datasize-cur=768M:\
        :maxproc-max=256:\