qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/3] target/m68k: convert to transaction_failed ho

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/3] target/m68k: convert to transaction_failed hook
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 15:36:54 +0200

On 16/05/2019 15:26, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Fri, 3 May 2019 at 18:12, Laurent Vivier <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10/12/2018 17:56, Peter Maydell wrote:
This patchset converts the m68k target from the deprecated
unassigned_access hook to the new transaction_failed hook.
It's RFC for a couple of reasons:
   * it's untested, since I don't have an m68k test image
   * the second patch just makes "bus error while trying to
     read page tables" be treated as a page fault, when it
     should probably cause a fault reporting it as a bus error
     of some kind
   * I don't understand why the old unassigned_access hook
     set the ATC bit in the MMU SSW, since the docs I have say
     this should be set if the fault happened during a table
     search, but cleared if it's just an ordinary bus-errored
     data or insn access. Probably this is a pre-existing bug?

I think you're right. It must be cleared on bus error.

Thanks for the review of this patchset. Is there anything
you want me to do for a v2, or is it ready to be applied ?

It looks good to me. I'm going to add it to my m68k branch and send a PR.

Thanks,
Laurent