qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question in QEMU : The result of printf does not appear

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question in QEMU : The result of printf does not appear in the qemu VM's log.
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 11:12:33 +0100

Re-adding qemu-devel - please don't take mailing list threads private.

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 07:07:01PM +0900, S KH wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Thanks to help, I can see the results of the output in the log file. Thank
> you very much for your help. I am currently working with the QEMU source as
> well as the SPICE source. After checking the source, I found that the QEMU
> source calls the SPICE function. So I used the 'g_printerr' function in the
> SPICE source to figure out the flow. Maybe it should be obvious,
> 'g_printerr' used by SPICE will not show in 'domain_name.log' file
> 'in/var/log/libvirt/qemu.' It may not be a good question for qemu-devel,
> but I wonder where the 'g_printerr' results from SPICE sources can be seen.

The SPICE server library is linked directly to QEMU so g_printerr should
work fine from SPICE code in the same way as QEMU code.  If you're not
seeing the results, then my guess would be that the QEMU you are launching
is not actually using the SPICE library you built with debugging. It is
probably still using the SPICE library from the OS distro.

Regards,
Daniel