qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Following up questions related to QEMU and I/O Thread

From: Wei Li
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Following up questions related to QEMU and I/O Thread
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 09:21:15 -0700

Got it, thanks Stefan for your clarification!

Wei

On 5/1/19, 9:36 AM, "Stefan Hajnoczi" <address@hidden> wrote:

    On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:56:31AM -0700, Wei Li wrote:
    >Does this mean the performance could be improved via adding Batch I/O
submission support in Guest driver side which will be able to reduce the number
of virtqueue kicks?

    Yes, I think so.  It's not obvious to me how a Linux SCSI driver is
    supposed to implement batching though.  The .queuecommand API doesn't
    seem to include information relevant to batching.

    Stefan