qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about VM inner route entry's lost when vhost-u

From: Lilijun (Jerry, Cloud Networking)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about VM inner route entry's lost when vhost-user reconnect
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:51:17 +0000

Hi Stefan,

After more detail test, I found two results:
1) This route entry's lost  can be reproduced on both virtio-net and
pass-through physical devices.
2) The link down event is handled by a service named NetworkManager in my VM
(CentOS linux 3.10.0-514-e17.x86_64).  If I stop or kill this service,  the
issue got disappeared.

So, if some customer's VM guest OS works like my VM,  this problem will cause
some unexpected TCP connection disconnected when the backend process crashed.

Thanks