qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Set up github repo for pmon sources

From: Andrew Randrianasulu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Set up github repo for pmon sources
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 21:13:18 +0300

В сообщении от Saturday 16 March 2019 20:53:01 вы написали:
> On 3/15/19 9:06 PM, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> > https://github.com/Randrianasulu/pmon/commits/2014
> >
> > hopefully it will stay this way.
> >
> > Anyone know what license I must pick for this?
> > 3-clause BSD? 4-clause BSD? (from Copyright file it lists 4 terms)
>
> 4-clause BSD is incompatible with the GPL, and thus cannot be used for
> qemu.  (2-clause and 3-clause are okay, though).
>

> > ------------------------
> > *      $Id: Copyright,v 1.1.1.1 2006/09/14 01:59:06 root Exp $ */
> >
> > /*
> >  * Copyright (c) 2000-2002 Opsycon AB  (www.opsycon.se)
> >  * Copyright (c) 2000 Rtmx, Inc   (www.rtmx.com)
> >  * Copyright (c) 2001 ipUnplugged AB (www.ipunplugged.com)
> >  *
> >  * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> >  * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
> >  * are met:
> >  * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
> >  *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
> >  * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> >  *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> >  *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
> >  * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
> >  *    must display the following acknowledgement:
> >  *      This product includes software developed for Rtmx, Inc by
> >  *      Opsycon Open System Consulting AB, Sweden.
> >  *      This product includes software developed by Opsycon AB.
> >  *      This product includes software developed by ipUnplugged AB.
>
> Indeed, this is the advertising clause of the 4-clause BSD, which
> renders this license unsuitable for use with GPL projects.

Ow. Ok, then I just leave it as-is, github already showing this text as
license,
and while qemu as project can't use this firmware - users still can.

Also, there seems to be another pmon branch on github:
https://github.com/jcowgill/pmon-loongson - but I haven't tested it.

Morever, what lives in
http://www.anheng.com.cn/loongson/pmon/updates.lemote.com/files/upload/lm/firmware/pmon/source/

seems to be THIRD branch of pmon, at least radeon-specific file is different,
and apparently solved bug I solved independently. (there was confusion between
Bytes per pixel and Bits per pixel)