qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Maintainers, please tell us how to boot your machines!

From: Max Filippov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Maintainers, please tell us how to boot your machines!
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:01:22 -0700

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:
> I gathered the machine types, mapped them to source files, which I fed
> to get_maintainer.pl.  Results are appended.  If you're cc'ed,
> MAINTAINERS fingers you for at least one machine type's source file.
> Please tell us for all of them how to to a "meaningful" boot test.
>
> For now, what's "meaningful" is entirely up to you.  Booting Linux
> certainly is.
>
> Make sure to include a complete QEMU command line.  If your QEMU command
> line requires resources beyond the QEMU source tree and what we build
> from it, please detail them, and provide download URLs as far as
> possible.

>     = hw/xtensa/sim.c =
>     Max Filippov <address@hidden> (maintainer:sim)

target/xtensa tests are running on this machine. Can be built and run with
make -C <builddir>/tests/tcg/xtensa check
The compiler binary for the default CPU core can be downloaded from here:

https://github.com/foss-xtensa/toolchain/releases/download/2018.02/x86_64-2018.02-xtensa-dc232b-elf.tar.gz

The archive also contains crosstool-NG configuration file that can be used
to rebuild it from source.

>     = hw/xtensa/xtfpga.c =
>     Max Filippov <address@hidden> (maintainer:XTFPGA (LX60, LX2...)

The buildroot can be used to build linux kernel and rootfs bootable on xtfpga
boards, the buildroot defconfigs are called qemu_xtensa_lx60_defconfig and
qemu_xtensa_lx60_nommu_defconfig, the command line is recorded in the
board readme file:

https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/board/qemu/xtensa-lx60/readme.txt?h=2019.02

--
Thanks.