qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/12] slirp updates

From: no-reply
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/12] slirp updates
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 16:13:28 -0800 (PST)

Patchew URL: https://patchew.org/QEMU/address@hidden/

Hi,

This series seems to have some coding style problems. See output below for
more information:

Type: series
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/12] slirp updates

=== TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
#!/bin/bash
git rev-parse base > /dev/null || exit 0
git config --local diff.renamelimit 0
git config --local diff.renames True
git config --local diff.algorithm histogram
./scripts/checkpatch.pl --mailback base..
=== TEST SCRIPT END ===

Updating 3c8cf5a9c21ff8782164d1def7f44bd888713384
From https://github.com/patchew-project/qemu
 * [new tag]               patchew/address@hidden -> patchew/address@hidden
Switched to a new branch 'test'
628736a3af slirp: remove QEMU Makefile.objs
79445c6ed6 build-sys: link with slirp as an external project
944c7440ad slirp: add a standalone Makefile
60c072d3bd slirp: move sources to src/ subdirectory
e416d0a345 slirp: use "slirp_" prefix for inet_aton() win32 implementation
efd01958b8 slirp: use libslirp migration code
37616f5620 slirp: adapt a subset of QEMU vmstate code
21b1998b5a slirp: Mark pieces missing IPv6 support
3d70b5116f slirp: fix big/little endian conversion in ident protocol
c5059b2fcb slirp: check sscanf result when emulating ident
c69a201a41 slirp: check for ioctlsocket error and 0-length udp payload.
7b03b19942 slirp: Fix build with gcc 9

=== OUTPUT BEGIN ===
1/12 Checking commit 7b03b1994240 (slirp: Fix build with gcc 9)
2/12 Checking commit c69a201a416f (slirp: check for ioctlsocket error and
0-length udp payload.)
ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#25: FILE: slirp/socket.c:532:
+^I  if (ioctlsocket(so->s, FIONREAD, &n) != 0) {$

ERROR: suspect code indent for conditional statements (10, 14)
#25: FILE: slirp/socket.c:532:
+         if (ioctlsocket(so->s, FIONREAD, &n) != 0) {
+             DEBUG_MISC(" ioctlsocket errno = %d-%s\n",

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#26: FILE: slirp/socket.c:533:
+^I      DEBUG_MISC(" ioctlsocket errno = %d-%s\n",$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#27: FILE: slirp/socket.c:534:
+^I^I^I errno,strerror(errno));$

ERROR: space required after that ',' (ctx:VxV)
#27: FILE: slirp/socket.c:534:
+                        errno,strerror(errno));
                              ^

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#28: FILE: slirp/socket.c:535:
+^I      return;$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#29: FILE: slirp/socket.c:536:
+^I  }$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#30: FILE: slirp/socket.c:537:
+^I  if (n == 0) {$

ERROR: suspect code indent for conditional statements (10, 14)
#30: FILE: slirp/socket.c:537:
+         if (n == 0) {
+             return;

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#31: FILE: slirp/socket.c:538:
+^I      return;$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#32: FILE: slirp/socket.c:539:
+^I  }$

total: 11 errors, 0 warnings, 22 lines checked

Patch 2/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.

3/12 Checking commit c5059b2fcb5b (slirp: check sscanf result when emulating
ident)
WARNING: line over 80 characters
#27: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:667:
+                                       so_rcv->sb_cc =
snprintf(so_rcv->sb_data,

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#27: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:667:
+^I^I^I^I^Iso_rcv->sb_cc = snprintf(so_rcv->sb_data,$

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#28: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:668:
+
so_rcv->sb_datalen,

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#28: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:668:
+^I^I^I^I^I^I^I^I so_rcv->sb_datalen,$

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#29: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:669:
+                                                                "%d,%d\r\n",
n1, n2);

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#29: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:669:
+^I^I^I^I^I^I^I^I "%d,%d\r\n", n1, n2);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#30: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:670:
+^I^I^I^I^Iso_rcv->sb_rptr = so_rcv->sb_data;$

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#31: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:671:
+                                       so_rcv->sb_wptr = so_rcv->sb_data +
so_rcv->sb_cc;

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#31: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:671:
+^I^I^I^I^Iso_rcv->sb_wptr = so_rcv->sb_data + so_rcv->sb_cc;$

total: 5 errors, 4 warnings, 17 lines checked

Patch 3/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.

4/12 Checking commit 3d70b5116f95 (slirp: fix big/little endian conversion in
ident protocol)
ERROR: suspect code indent for conditional statements (56, 59)
#19: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:661:
                                                        if
(getsockname(tmpso->s,
[...]
+                                                          n2 = addr.sin_port;

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#22: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:663:
+^I^I^I^I^I^I^I   n2 = addr.sin_port;$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#26: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:667:
+^I^I^I^I^INTOHS(n1);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#27: FILE: slirp/tcp_subr.c:668:
+^I^I^I^I^INTOHS(n2);$

total: 4 errors, 0 warnings, 13 lines checked

Patch 4/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.

5/12 Checking commit 21b1998b5a02 (slirp: Mark pieces missing IPv6 support)
ERROR: suspect code indent for conditional statements (8, 10)
#106: FILE: slirp/tcp_input.c:390:
         if (so == NULL) {
+          /* TODO: IPv6 */

total: 1 errors, 0 warnings, 99 lines checked

Patch 5/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.

6/12 Checking commit 37616f56208b (slirp: adapt a subset of QEMU vmstate code)
WARNING: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS need updating?
#52:
new file mode 100644

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#271: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:50:
+static int get_uint8(SlirpIStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const
VMStateField *field)

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#278: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:57:
+static int put_uint8(SlirpOStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const
VMStateField *field)

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#341: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:120:
+static int get_int16(SlirpIStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const
VMStateField *field)

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#348: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:127:
+static int put_int16(SlirpOStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const
VMStateField *field)

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#363: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:142:
+static int get_int32(SlirpIStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const
VMStateField *field)

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#370: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:149:
+static int put_int32(SlirpOStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const
VMStateField *field)

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#383: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:162:
+/* vmstate_info_tmp, see VMSTATE_WITH_TMP, the idea is that we allocate

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#389: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:168:
+static int get_tmp(SlirpIStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const VMStateField
*field)

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#403: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:182:
+static int put_tmp(SlirpOStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const VMStateField
*field)

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#521: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:300:
+                    ret = slirp_vmstate_info_nullptr.put(f, curr_elem, size,
NULL);

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#607: FILE: slirp/vmstate.c:386:
+                    ret = slirp_vmstate_info_nullptr.get(f, curr_elem, size,
NULL);

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#687: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:47:
+/* VMStateInfo allows customized migration of objects that don't fit in

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#696: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:56:
+    int (*get)(SlirpIStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const VMStateField
*field);

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#697: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:57:
+    int (*put)(SlirpOStream *f, void *pv, size_t size, const VMStateField

#704: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:64:
+    /* The struct member at opaque + VMStateField.offset is a pointer

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#710: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:70:
+     * those. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#713: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:73:
+    /* The field is an array of fixed size. VMStateField.num contains

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#720: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:80:
+     * be combined with VMS_VARRAY*. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#723: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:83:
+    /* The field is itself a struct, containing one or more

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#726: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:86:
+     * array entry. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#729: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:89:
+    /* The field is an array of variable size. The int32_t at opaque +

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#733: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:93:
+     * VMS_VARRAY*. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#739: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:99:
+    /* The field is a (fixed-size or variable-size) array of pointers

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#742: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:102:
+     * VMS_VARRAY*; these need to be set explicitly. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#745: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:105:
+    /* The field is an array of variable size. The uint16_t at opaque

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#749: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:109:
+     * combined with VMS_ARRAY or any other VMS_VARRAY*. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#752: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:112:
+    /* The size of the individual entries (a single array entry if

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#757: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:117:
+     * the size of each (and every) entry. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#760: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:120:
+    /* Multiply the entry size given by the int32_t at opaque +

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#763: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:123:
+     * allocated. Only valid in combination with VMS_VBUFFER. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#766: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:126:
+    /* The field is an array of variable size. The uint8_t at opaque +

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#770: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:130:

#773: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:133:
+    /* The field is an array of variable size. The uint32_t at opaque

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#777: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:137:

#780: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:140:
+    /* Fail loading the serialised VM state if this field is missing

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#781: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:141:
+     * from the input. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#784: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:144:
+    /* When loading serialised VM state, allocate memory for the

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#788: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:148:
+     * cause the individual entries to be allocated. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#791: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:151:
+    /* Multiply the number of entries given by the integer at opaque +

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#794: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:154:
+     * combination with one of VMS_VARRAY*. */

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#797: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:157:
+    /* A structure field that is like VMS_STRUCT, but uses

WARNING: Block comments use a trailing */ on a separate line
#799: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:159:
+     * structure we are referencing to use. */

ERROR: "(foo*)" should be "(foo *)"
#842: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:202:
+#define type_check_array(t1,t2,n) ((t1(*)[n])0 - (t2*)0)

ERROR: space required after that ',' (ctx:VxV)
#842: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:202:

#842: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:202:

#843: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:203:
+#define type_check_pointer(t1,t2) ((t1**)0 - (t2*)0)

ERROR: space required after that ',' (ctx:VxV)
#843: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:203:

#845: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:205:
+#define type_check(t1,t2) ((t1*)0 - (t2*)0)

ERROR: space required after that ',' (ctx:VxV)
#845: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:205:

#863: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:223:
+/* In the macros below, if there is a _version, that means the macro's

ERROR: spaces required around that '|' (ctx:VxV)
#917: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:277:
+    .flags        = VMS_STRUCT|VMS_POINTER,                          \
                               ^

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#921: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:281:
+#define VMSTATE_STRUCT_ARRAY_TEST(_field, _state, _num, _test, _version,
_vmsd, _type) { \

ERROR: spaces required around that '|' (ctx:VxV)
#928: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:288:
+    .flags        = VMS_STRUCT|VMS_ARRAY,                            \
                               ^

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#932: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:292:
+#define VMSTATE_STATIC_BUFFER(_field, _state, _version, _test, _start, _size)
{ \

ERROR: spaces required around that '|' (ctx:VxV)
#948: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:308:
+    .flags        = VMS_VBUFFER|VMS_POINTER,                         \
                                ^

WARNING: Block comments use a leading /* on a separate line
#960: FILE: slirp/vmstate.h:320:
+/* Allocate a temporary of type 'tmp_type', set tmp->parent to _state

total: 10 errors, 47 warnings, 983 lines checked

Patch 6/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.

7/12 Checking commit efd01958b8fe (slirp: use libslirp migration code)
WARNING: line over 80 characters
#267: FILE: slirp/state.c:361:
+        ret = slirp_vmstate_load_state(&f, &vmstate_slirp_socket, so,
version_id);

total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 233 lines checked

Patch 7/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.
8/12 Checking commit e416d0a345d9 (slirp: use "slirp_" prefix for inet_aton()
win32 implementation)
9/12 Checking commit 60c072d3bd62 (slirp: move sources to src/ subdirectory)
WARNING: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS need updating?
#102:
rename from slirp/arp_table.c

total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 94 lines checked

Patch 9/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.
10/12 Checking commit 944c7440adcb (slirp: add a standalone Makefile)
WARNING: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS need updating?
#17:
new file mode 100644

total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 47 lines checked

Patch 10/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.
11/12 Checking commit 79445c6ed614 (build-sys: link with slirp as an external
project)
12/12 Checking commit 628736a3afc6 (slirp: remove QEMU Makefile.objs)
WARNING: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS need updating?
#15:
deleted file mode 100644

total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 0 lines checked

Patch 12/12 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.
=== OUTPUT END ===

Test command exited with code: 1

The full log is available at