qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about VM virtio device's link down delay when

From: Lilijun (Jerry, Cloud Networking)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about VM virtio device's link down delay when vhost-user reconnect
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 07:36:44 +0000

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Maybe there are two methods to add this option:
1) Firstly, add a vhost-user protocol feature to tell Qemu if hide the
disconnects from the guest.  Here we just need the backend such as dpdk
vhostuser to support this option and the feature.
2) Secondly, add a VM XML vhost-user nic configuration parameters for Qemu.
This method need more modification and other components such as Libvirt and
Nova in openstack to configure it.

I'd like to choose the first method,  Do you think so?

To monitor the status of connection, we can using the command " virsh
qemu-monitor-command vm1 --hmp info chardev " to lookup that status. Another
one is to add new type event for Qemu to notify libvirt or other upper level
components.

Jerry