qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Querying possible -cpu variants

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Querying possible -cpu variants
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 07:31:35 -0600

On 1/25/19 4:10 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:

>> 2.       Add QMP command for requesting this list.
>
> This already exists as the 'query-cpu-definitions' command

What's more, you can use libvirt code as an example of how to parse QMP
commands to see what features are present.  And if the existing QMP
commands don't answer a question you need answered, enhancing QMP is a
worthwhile patch (other projects, like libvirt, will probably also end
up using those enhancements).  Among other things, we know that our
command-line parameters are not yet fully queryable by QMP.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226