qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] unknown keycodes `(unnamed)', please report to address@

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] unknown keycodes `(unnamed)', please report to address@hidden
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 13:47:06 +0000

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 13:30, Burgess, Alison E <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 18.04 and I am sending this email because when I try to
> run these series of commands in an executable file in
>

> arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm926ej-s -g ts.s -o ts.o
> arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=arm926ej-s -g t.c -o t.o
> arm-none-eabi-ld -T t.ld ts.o t.o -o t.elf
> arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary t.elf t.bin
> arm-none-eabi-readelf -a t.elf
>
> rm *.o *.elf
>
> echo ready to go?
> read dummy
>
> qemu-system-arm -M realview-pbx-a9 -m 128M -kernel t.bin \
> -serial mon:stdio -serial /dev/pts/0 -serial /dev/pts/0 -serial /dev/pts/0
>
> (where the number in /dev/pts/# is the number I get when I run ps in the
> terminal)
>
> The qemu terminal appears, but once I press 'Enter' again so that my code
> runs, I am faced with the unknown keycodes `(unnamed)', please report to
> address@hidden error message. After a couple of hours searching online I have
> not been able to find a solution and I have download and reinstalled qemu a
> couple of times.

Hi; this warning message (a) can usually be ignored and (b) doesn't
exist any more in new versions of QEMU. The chances are very high
that your problem is not related to the warning message. You might
also try using the latest version of QEMU (3.1).

Those -serial options look very weird. My guess is your problem
is either in those, or your guest binary simply is crashing
without sending anything to the terminal. Is the guest binary
known to work (eg on real hardware)?

thanks
-- PMM