qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 3.1: second invocation of migrate crashes qemu

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 3.1: second invocation of migrate crashes qemu
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:51:32 +0000

* Michael Tokarev (address@hidden) wrote:
> $ qemu-system-x86_64 -monitor stdio -hda foo.img
> QEMU 3.1.0 monitor - type 'help' for more information
> (qemu) stop
> (qemu) migrate "exec:cat >/dev/null"
> (qemu) migrate "exec:cat >/dev/null"
> qemu-system-x86_64: /build/qemu/qemu-3.1/block.c:4647:
> bdrv_inactivate_recurse: Assertion `!(bs->open_flags & BDRV_O_INACTIVE)'
> failed.
> Aborted

And on head as well;  it only happens if the 1st migrate is succesful;
if it got cancelled the 2nd one works, so it's not too bad.

I suspect the problem here is all around locking/ownership - the block
devices get shutdown at the end of migration since the assumption is
that the other end has them open now and we had better release them.

Dave