qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-user-linux: how could I measure performance for aarch6

From: Matwey V. Kornilov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-user-linux: how could I measure performance for aarch64 and arm?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 22:31:56 +0300

Hello,

I am running the same application compiled for aarch64 and armv7l on
x86_64 platform using qemu-user-linux tools.

I see dramatic performance difference (30 times) between emulated
architectures: aarch64 runs for ~4 minutes, armv7l runs for ~2 hours.
I do understand that CPU architecture emulation is inherently slow
thing, but my question is about the difference.

How could I debug to understand what is the reason for such a big
difference? I've already tried to run stress-ng compiled for this two
architectures, but it leads to the same performance per second.

I am running qemu 2.11, should I try other version?