qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu the right way.

From: liebrecht
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu the right way.
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 19:46:00 -0500

I now move on to sound.

I could get sound working as you instructed. I chose to load all sound cards and see if I can find one that works.

Sound does work but it ios very intermittent, seemingly the same as what happens to the mouse as if there is a timeshare going on.

Any idea what that can be.

Please not that I am running AVLinux which has a real time kernel as I can remember. Maybe qemu has trouble with realtime kernels ? Or what can the reason be for the intermittent sound. Sound on for 2 seconds off for a seconds etc, Note that I did not compile a new version yet and just used the deb version. I will do that now

Is the sound problems due to not following your advice below ? What does
--audio-drv-list=pa actually do  ???

For reference
My string now looks as follows.

qemu-system-x86_64 -soundhw all -smp 4 -m 2048M -boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom -drive format=raw,file=hd.img